Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Chronicles

Writing is something that I have had a love/hate relationship with my entire life.

I wrote my first short story when I was in the second grade. We had to go to the front of the room and read our story to the class. I had written some stupid little tale about a boy that gets into some antics at school. I read it to the kids in front of me, the same ones that were normally teasing me and making fun of me, and I created a room full of laughter.


That was it for me. I wanted to be a writer.


Over the last couple of years my writing has waned. I don’t really do much of it anymore. Even promising myself that this blog was going to happen 3 times a week, I don’t always follow through.


I never follow through.


I do have some finished works. A few short stories and some plays that I wrote when I was in high school. But when I was a kid I wanted to be a novelist. And it never happened.


Depression is a beast. It keeps you from completing things. And then it is caused by not completing things. It is this double headed monster that just keeps eating you, letting you respawn, and then eating you again. A circular prison of regret, remorse, and trepidation.


I’ve decided that I want to tell my stories. I have had some superhero stories bouncing around in my head since before superheroes were being done to saturation. And I may never sell a single word. But I’m going to write them down and then we’ll see what happens.


The Griffin Chronicles is a trilogy that I have had laid out in my head for about 25 years. And over the last few years I’ve come up with some crumbs that might just evolve into something. I hope you’ll take the journey with me. As I write my chapters I will publish them on this website. I invite you to read them as they are available and please...please...PLEASE feel free to give me your honest criticism. I can’t afford editors and all that jazz so I’ll be depending on you to make sure that my story makes sense and that it is engaging and...good.


Look for chapter one to be available sometime next week.


Wish me luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment